Conference of Italy
* Children’s day
– Village wise cultural and sports competitions.
– Panchayat members, parents and school teachers were
invited as guests for the finals of the competition
* Self Help groups
– More than 128 income generation programmes like:
livestock, petty shops and food stall, etc.
– Training in small business activities.
– Banks have come forward to work with these groups.
– Collaboration with Hindustan Lever Ltd. (HLL) to start
dealership for daily, consumable products. E.g. toothpaste.
* Crèche for children
– attracted more than 25 children,
– provision of pre-school education, nutrition and health
* Self Help Groups
– regularly accessing loans from banks for setting up
various small businesses,
– initiating discussions to get benefits from local
– have been taken for exposure on new variety of sheep
– Cluster Level Association (CLA) is training SHGs and
building links with banks.
* Child Sponsorship Programme:
– Talents day
– Film Shows (At field & PVR – Tare Zameenpar)
– Personality Development workshops
– Drawing Competition
– Craft work
– Regular Classes
– Monthly Parents Meeting – Class wise
– Counseling assistance
– Distribution of New year gift (T-Shirts)
* Self Help Groups
– Regular Meetings, Savings, Credit Activities
– 100% External loan repayments
– Payment of Child Sponsorship fees
– Five SHG’s have taken responsibility to conduct school
wise monthly meeting for the parents of sponsored children
and fees payments
are made at the meetings.
– Housing loan repayment collection & payment to CSA
– One new group formation
– HIV – AIDS Awareness rally & programme on 1st of
December 07 at Christ College Auditorium
Hoskote – Chetana
This year there were appreciable rains resulting in
satisfactory crop yield & created better employment opportunities for the
village poor. The farmers have gained in the crop yields wherever they adopted
appropriate soil & moisture conservation techniques- implemented under CFCD
All the Day care nutrition centres are handed over to the
local community for the self management.
Women’s Meet was organized for showcasing their unity &
preparing the platform for forming the federation.
The women’s federation has been formed & members are
being trained intheir roles & responsibilities.
The activity centres have become a hub for honing their
learning skills & developing their personalities. The child’s &
mother’s health is being treated with utmost care.
There is a noticeable improvement in utilizing the health
facilities implemented by the government agencies.
With a little more support and effective linkages to various
sources including the government, the Committee based organisations will able
to meet all the needs of the community.